Tuesday, December 13, 2011

well howdy

From the looks of this blog and the date on the last post...it sure does look like I took a vacation.  But I'm finally back and ready to tackle all of the things we covered in class since then.

I remember we discussed counseling in class one week and that really interested me.  We even started talking about how the First Presidency and Quorum of the Twelve Apostles counsel weekly and how that process goes about.  They all have a chance to share their thoughts, feelings and insights.  I thought about this for a couple days and realized how truly inspired that process is; to go around and each have an opportunity to speak and share.  One doesn't necessarily rule over another, or all others, but they wait until they all have confirmed to them the will of God.  It is a calm time, not one where people are yelling, pounding their fists on the table or name-calling.

And then I started thinking: how amazing would that be to be able to discuss things within a family in a similar fashion?  How much more could be communicated and understood?  How much would it assist in bringing a family closer together if they met weekly and not only met when disagreements or confusions arose, or when a trip was coming up, but regularly, often.  How would it be to discuss things going on in each child's life and what they would like to do as a family, or how the family could help one individual in the family, or even someone outside of the family?  As I continued thinking I could feel that what we were learning about was important and therefore something that I truly want to incorporate into my own family one day.

No comments: