Tuesday, October 4, 2011

p.s.

Oh, wait!  Wait!  Wait for me!  I forgot to include one other thing:

Socioeconomic Classes.

Discussing this topic was definitely interesting.  Our teacher had us watch some clips online from a program done through PBS about classes and how people define others in higher or lower classes.  Some interviewed those in such classes.  One even was titled, "How to Marry the Rich".  This clip showed a woman who had made it her profession to study the rich and their etiquette, how far apart they stand when talking with each other, and even how their shoulders are positioned when standing next to one another to imply confidence in oneself.

My thoughts:  ridiculous!

But, by thinking that, I realized I had just judged them...for judging another person.  Smooth move, Jen.  Smooth.

But, anyway...it was an interesting topic, one that I really would like to learn more about.  It sadly is a part of human life, I believe.  It is so easy to just simply judge another person. And what is it based off of?  Appearance.  Income.  Home size and location.  Sex.  Race.  Education.  And.so.on.  I hope I can remember this lesson and make sure to incorporate it into my life by not judging others instantly.  Get to know them for who they really are, not just how much money they make or where they live.

No comments: